We invite you to join The 1889 Society
You are invited to help us continue the tradition of generosity and foresight that began in 1889. Members of the THE 1889 SOCIETY have expressed their commitment to Slippery Rock by naming the University as a beneficiary of a planned gift. Once you complete your estate plans, please fill out our member profile form to let us know. We would like to thank you for your generosity by welcoming you to THE 1889 SOCIETY.
- A certificate of appreciation signed by President William Behre and presented in an embossed archival folder.
- Recognition on THE 1889 SOCIETY register as well as recognition in University publications.
- Timely information and tips regarding benefits of planned gifts such as annuities, trusts, life insurance, etc.
- The satisfaction derived from making a lasting contribution to Slippery Rock University’s long-term success.
Learn more about how to give a Planned Gift and create your own legacy at SRU
- The 1889 Society was named in honor of the founding date of Slippery Rock University.
- The 1889 Society acknowledges donors having designated the University as a beneficiary of a planned gift.
- Membership in the society does not have a minimum gift level.
- Membership includes.
- A letter of welcome.
- A certificate acknowledging membership.
- Invitations to special events and activities, including The 1889 Society Luncheon and The Celebration of Giving.
- Recognition in the annual online Honor Roll of Donors.